And I'll say (a little confused) something like: "Well, I just changed Ollie's diaper and gave Norah a banana (wondering in my distracted mind why Jeff keeps checking up on me)."
And then he'll say, "No, on Kickstarter."
Then I'll check on my phone and be amazed that people are STILL pledging and the amount is STILL growing. Seriously so fun and exciting!
The girls have watched "Mom's Paper Doll Movie" a ga-gillion times. I'm pretty annoying after about three views. :)
What I have (re)learned from this whole endeavor so far:
- It is scary to put yourself out there and ask for help. I couldn't believe how nervous I was to push the button that made the video and Kickstarter page "live". My hands were literally shaking. When I posted on Facebook asking friends and family to watch and share and even pledge, I actually felt sick to my stomach. But I'm so glad I did it because I also (re)learned that...
- People (YOU) are supportive and kind and excited to see other people succeed. I've received so many personal, kind messages from so many of you. Sincere messages from the heart. WOW that means so much and reminds me that this world is full of your kind. The kind that lift and cheer.
- It really is a world wide web! I'm always amazed at how something I'm working on in little Idaho, USA can reach someone in Germany or Australia or Israel. Seriously, how cool is that?! Next, is really numero uno for me...
- I have amazing support right here at home. I rarely talk about Jeff...I think because he doesn't like public attention in any way (so he says) but MAN ALIVE I hit the jackpot when I got him. He is so selfless and good. He's the one who taught me how to do all of this "digital drawing" in the first place and then encouraged me to keep going. So many times I have wanted to quit because of fear or lack of confidence in myself. He listens patiently and always encourages me to keep going. I have slowed my pace when I need to and he has supported that. When I need extra time in the studio, he helps it happen. Anyway, I am one lucky girl. Because of him and you, I have re-learned that...
- Dreams really can come true...with a lot of work. I still have a lot of work ahead of me, but seeing that there is support and that people actually are excited about this, makes me feel like I can't turn back now and that I'd better make this dream happen not just for me, but for all of you...so THANK YOU!
These people are my favorites.
Note: We still have a week left so if you want to share the page please do. If you want a book and haven't pledged yet, there is still time! :)